Delhi weather is still beautiful, tolerable and we can do without AC. But for a silly mistake of mine spent the whole weekend sneezing, coughing, red rubbed nose and itchy eyes.....I ate two bites of a Chicken crepe, which had a handsome portion of mushrooms as well. I was callous and spared the waiter of my regular speech of "No Mushroom, No Crabs". Hence Sunday onwards I am busy with " allergic effects"
Funnily, There are too many school holidays cluttering this week. Kid's school was off on 3rd for Ram Navami, will remain closed on 7th for Mahavira Jayanthi and 10th for Good Friday. Too many holidays means, too much junk food goes in, which is irritating. Since weekends are the only time I think and cook rather than handle it in firefighting mode during the week.
While I am trying to be more conscious of the 'grocery purchased' and 'food wastage', I was quite touched with some blogs working on 'Eating out of refrigerator and cleaning up rather than wasting the stored food'. This week actually I penned down the food I am cooking for the week, so that I do not end up 'cooking in excess', or ' be under-prepared for a week, and have outside food'
The basic staples readied, cooked and stored are as follows
1. MugMushurir mixed daal fry.... Equal portion of moong and mushuri, boiled till tender, added to phoron of finely chopped onion, ginger, garlic, tomato and green chillies
2. Alu gobi r sukhi sabji: Paanchphoron in at most 2 teaspoon of white oil, with dhania jeera haldi powder, grated tomato, ginger, mirch powder etc. Does well with daal and roti
3. Sambhar: A portion of sambar with pieces of lauki and drumsticks
4. Dry sabji(chachchari) with Alu parwal(patol)... with flinely sliced pneyaj and tomato
4. Doi Chicken in 1 tablespoon oil
5. Dim er malaikaari... Eggs are boiled and kept ready for one weeknight meal. Malaikari gravy can be made as and when required
6 Oriental fried rice (with corn, peas, finely chopped coloured capsicum,fried prawns, omlette,spring onions and pineapple.....all chopped, cleaned, fried(prawns) and stored in refrigerator for saute ing on a weeknight for a wholesome meal
7. Atta kneaded for the week and refrigerated
Hopefully by end of the week I should be able to finish all cooked food and contribute in the ' no wastage' campaign